Create these adorable cork owls in this quick and easy craft for crafters of all ages. This project is great for upcycling leftover supplies and corks that would normally be discarded. Use different colored fabric and buttons to build a small flock of unique owl companions for the owl lover in us all.
- glue gun and glue sticks
- champagne corks
- buttons ( large and small)
- fabric scraps
- felt scraps
How to Make Them
- Cut narrow, pointy ovals from a piece of felt, and then cut a smaller version from a scrap of fabric. Together these will form the owl's wings.
- Layer the two oval pieces on top of one another with the smaller of the two on top and glue them to the sides of the cork body.
- Glue small buttons onto a couple of larger white buttons and glue them into place for the eyes with your hot glue gun.
- Fold a piece of felt and cut a triangular shape out of the felt to form a a beak. Glue the beak into place just below the eyes.