These crafty little cork sailboats really float. If you are looking for a fun craft for kids that is easy to assemble and good for hours of fun, then this is the craft for you. This is a fantastic little homemade toy that appeals to a wide array of ages and offers plenty of opportunities for pretend play out in the backyard, in the bathtub or pool, in a sink or bowl of water.
- 3 corks
- 2 thick elastic bands
- Craft Foam
- Lollipop Stick
- Electrical, duck, or washi tape
How to Make Them
- Line three corks in a row.
- Attach them together with 2 thick elastic bands.
- Press the nail into the center of the center cork and remove. This will be the hole that you will hold your mast ( lollipop stick).
- Insert the lollipop stick into the hole that you just made in the cork. If you do not have a lollipop stick, a toothpick will also work for this.
- Draw a sail shape on your craft foam as shown above and cut out the sail. Poke a hole in the center top of the sail and one in the center of the bottom of the sail.
- Insert the lollipop stick through both holes so that the sail looks curved out to one side like there is wind in the sail.
- Fold a piece of desired tape over the top of the stick above the sail. This will be your flag. Trim to create the shape that you desire.