Slither up to the craft table and get to work creating these cool Cork Snake Toys. They are fun to make and even more fun to play with. Once assembled, crafters of all ages will have fun creating their own unique snake skins to decorate their homemade toy reptiles. More decorating options with paints, markers or other accessories are also possibilities for this craft.
- several wine corks
- knitting needle
- stretchy jewelry cording
- pony beads
- optional decorations ( paint. googly eyes, pipecleaner, duck tape)
How to Make It
- Use a knitting needle or other chosen tool to score a hole through the center of each of the corks.
- If you plan on decorating your snake with paint, now is the best time to do it. Let it dry.
- Carve a "v" out of one end of one cork to form the mouth.
- Tie a knot in the end of your 12 inch jewelry cording and slide the first cork mouth side first so that the knotted end is inside of the mouth,
- Slide one pony bead along the cording and alternate between the corks and the pony beads until you get approximately four inches from the end.
- Next slide several pony beads on the end for the tail of the snake. If you have graduated sized beads, they will work great too. Start with the largest and end with the smallest.
- Tie off the jewelry cording at the end.
- Create some snake skin from duck tape if desired. Add googly eyes with craft glue as well.