Recycle those Cornstarch Packing peanuts by reusing them to make very cool sculptures. Did you know that the packaging peanuts that are made of cornstarch break down when they come in contact with moisture? Use this to your crafting advantage by using a cotton swab to gently add a touch of moisture to each piece. Build peanut by peanut by sticking them together to build something creative and fun.
- Cornstarch Packing Peanuts
- Q Tips
- Other recyclable materials like bottle caps, elastic bands, twist ties, buttons, googly eyes etc
How to Do It
- Dip your q-tip in water
- Apply the dampened swab to the desired part of the packaging peanut in the place where you want to attach it. The moisture melts the packing peanuts and causes them to stick together.
- Press the next packing peanut onto the dampened spot and keep working in this manner to create your sculpture. Try using other items to stick as well.
- Do not use too much water, or else the peanuts will completely disintegrate.