Take your children to an exciting Aviation Museum, C.R. Smith Museum that lets visitors experience the history of the Commercial Aviation. Many exciting and hands-on activities are offered for the kids in the aviation museum, there are interactive displays, a real aircraft, video presentations, a flight simulator, and many more interesting activities. If your child wishes to become a commercial pilot one day, you just can't miss out going to this museum. The museum is named for the pioneer and former president of American airlines, Cyrus Rowlett Smith.
Things to Do
- Take a flight through American airlines history with the help of exhibits, artifacts, photographs, aircraft engines, and a Douglas DC-3 airliner.
- Children can learn the basics of aerodynamics in the flight lab, experience a flight simulator, computer games and interactive displays.
- Explore a gigantic engine from the McDonnell Douglas MD-11 aircraft.
- Learn the history of American airlines through video, audio exhibits and quiz games displayed on the history wall.
- Have an extraordinary experience at the 4K digital theater featuring film, Pursuit of flight.
- The museum shop stocks a variety of merchandise including, apparel, books, gadgets, gift items, jewelry, posters, toys and games.
- Run! Jump! Fly! is a new exhibit that invites children to do some physical activity by getting involved in the scenes coming right out of their favorite adventure movies.
C.R. Smith Museum Insider Tips
- Restrooms are available.
- Free parking is available.