Assemble a quick and easy toy catapult for hours of fun. This little project is a great boredom buster which elicits some fun activities for inquisitive minds of all ages. After the catapult is assembled, you can experiment with several items and chart and measure how far each item travels. You might also want to consider making two of these easy to assemble catapults so that more than one person can have a challenge. Another idea is to set up a cup a little distance away from your catapult and have fun trying to get your cotton ball or alternative item into the cup.
- Large craft sticks
- Several elastic bands
- Hot glue gun
- Milk bottle cap
- Small soft items like pom poms and cotton balls for launching
How to Make It
- Stack six craft sticks together using rubber bands to secure the ends together.
- Stack two craft sticks together, and wrap a rubber band around the very end of just one side..
- Then separate the 2 craft sticks so that they form a V shape with the one end elasticized.
- Place the stack of six craft sticks in between the two craft sticks.
- Wrap a large rubber band around the center of all of the craft sticks to hold the catapult together.
- Glue a milk cap on to the top stick facing upward.
- Push down on the top craft stick and release to launch an object from the milk cap.