Create a wide array of themed decorative bracelets for boys or girls from craft sticks. Crafters will be able to observe the effects of glue and water on manipulating the shapes of wooden craft sticks and turn those very craft sticks into decorative works of wearable art. Once the form of the bracelet is created, the sky is the limit with the decorative accents that can be added to create one of a kind bracelets that suit different personalities and genders. We made super hero, jeweled, and flowered bracelets. Get creative and have some fun!
- Craft sticks ( we used the wider ones)
- Water bottle
- Small plastic disposable cups
- White glue
- Paint tray
- Paper towels
- Tacky Glue
- Decorative craft supplies ( buttons, sequins, patterned paper, paints, jewels,markers)
- Newspaper to protect your work surface
How to Make Them
- First, mix 1 part water with 1 1/2 parts glue. You want to have more glue than water, as this will help the bracelet retain its shape. We found it easier to mix the glue and water together in a bottle, replaced the cap and shook it until it was mixed.
- Pour the glue and water mixture into a container that’s large enough to fit the craft sticks inside.
- Dip one craft stick inside the container. Let it soak in the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Remove the craft stick. Observe how the craft stick has a bendable property to it. Carefully press the craft stick along its length to make the pliability more consistent throughout.
- Grab the ends and gently bend the craft stick inwards.
- Place the craft stick inside the disposable plastic cup along the upper rim of the cup.
- The bracelet will need to dry overnight.
- The next day, remove the bracelet from the cup to reveal a beautiful shape!
- Use tacky glue to apply decorative accents to your bracelet.