Create a happy snowman out of craft sticks for a fun winter craft. This craft has several steps, yet is really easy to make for children of all ages. This snowman makes a fantastic gift or a fun winter display item that children are sure to be proud of.
- 6 jumbo craft sticks
- 2 regular craft sticks
- Black and white paint
- Paint brush
- Googly eyes
- Pom pom
- Decorative ribbon
- Orange felt
- Tacky Glue
- Hot Glue Gun
How to Make It
- Lay 5 jumbo craft sticks evenly side by side on your work surface.
- Take two regular craft sticks and add glue from the glue gun to the two regular sticks.
- Lay the two gluey regular craft sticks diagonally across the large ones so that they cross all of the jumobo craft sticks. Allow to dry. This will stick all of the craft sticks together.
- When the glue is dry, flip over the craft stick section. Take your one remaining jumbo craft stick and use your glue gun to glue the stick horizontally across the vertically standing connected craft sticks about 2/3 of the way up. This will form the brim of the hat.
- Take your paintbrush and black paint and paint the horizontal jumbo craft stick and the 1/3 portion above it.
- Paint the remaining area below it all white. Allow the paint to dry. Note that the black portion denotes the snowman's hat and the white portion is the snowman's face.
- Cut a strip of decorative ribbon approximately 5 inches long. It should stretch the entire width of the vertical craft stick section. Glue this strip above the brim of the black hat.
- Next, glue a colorful pom pom to the top left corner of the hat.
- Now, for the face, use your glue to adhere two googly eyes in the appropriate spot.
- Cut a 2 inch isosceles triangle out of your orange felt and glue on the face for the nose.
- Use your black paint and brush to make dots in the shape of a mouth. The dots should resemble coal pieces.
- Take your segment of string and glue both ends of the string to the back of the hat so that it forms a loop on which to hang your project and allow to dry.