Create your own coloring book t-shirts that you can wash and color again and again when you make Crayon Coloring T-shirts. Little artists will be so excited to design, decorate and color their very own t-shirts. What is even more exciting is that they can be colored again and again. Adult supervision is necessary for this project, as it initially uses dimensional paint and an iron.
- White T shirt 50/50 poly cotton works best
- Piece of cardboard
- Washable crayons
- Dimensional Paint in a dark color
- An iron
- optional coloring book page or artwork to trace
How to Make It
- Place a piece of cardboard inside the T shirt so that you have a flat surface to work on.
- If desired, place the coloring sheet or artwork that you would like to trace onto your t-shirt on top of the cardboard and underneath the top layer of t-shirt.
- Use your dimensional paint to either free draw a drawing or to trace your choice of drawing onto the front of the t-shirt. Only use the dimensional paint to outline the drawing.
- Now let the paint dry completely. This is extremely important.
- When the paint is dry, flip the t-shirt over and iron the back of the t shirt well to set the dimensional paint.
- You now have a t-shirt with a design that begs to be colored.
- Have children use their washable crayons to color the t-shirts just as they would on a coloring page.
- When the t-shirt is ready to be washed, wash normally and the crayon will wash away clean and the dimensional paint will remain, so this t shirt can be colored again and again.