Enjoy the classic card game of crazy 8s with your family or friends. Crazy 8s is an easy game to learn and can be played anywhere with a simple pack of playing cards. The object of this game is to discard all of your cards by matching each card in your hand either in suit or number value with the card in the discard pile. 8 cards are wild and are exempt from the traditional rule of thumb in the game. This game is suitable for school aged children and above and is easy to learn.
How to Play
- The dealer deals 7 cards to each player and the players can look at the cards and hold them in their hands.
- Place the rest of the cards in the center of the table face down.
- Flip over the top card and place it next to the deck, creating a discard pile.
- The player to the left of the dealer begins play.
- The goal is to discard one card per turn, however, the discarded card must somehow match the card that is face up in the discard pile. For instance, it must either be the same suit or the same card value.
- If the player does not have a card to discard, the player draws a card from the deck. If that card cannot be discarded according to the rules in step 5, then they have to keep the card and it is the next player's turn.
- The 8 cards are wild cards in this game, so if a player has an 8, they can discard it at any time even if it does not match the discard pile's suit or number value.
- The first player to discard all of their cards first, wins the game.