Create a fabulous keepsake book or journal out out of paper lunch bags with this great craft for school aged children. Decorate them any way that you would like on the cover and fill the pages with journal entries, stories, or scrap booking. I recommend using 3-4 bags for this project so that the book does not get too bulky. Four bags will yield 14 pages and 3 bags will yield 10.
- 3-4 paper lunch bags
- Thin Ribbon or twine
- Hole punch ( we used tri hole punch)
- Washi tape, stickers, glue, photos, ruler and other decorative items
How to Make It
- Stack the bags starting with the bottom facing the left, and alternating the direction of the bags: bottom, top, bottom until all are stacked in alternate order.
- Fold all the bags together in half and press down on the fold to crease well.
- Lay a strip of Washi tape along the crease or binding area on both the front and the back of each page of the book. This will help to reinforce the holes after you make them with your hole puncher.
- Next, line up your tri-hole punch and punch three holes in the center of your washi tape that lays down the edge of the crease. You will need to do this for each page.You may want to use your first holes as a guide and lay them over top of the bag and make a small mark on each page so that the pages line up correctly.
- Once all of the pages are punched, slide the bags back into each other as they were before with all of the creased fold and holes lines up.
- Cut your thin ribbon into 6 inch strips. You will need three strips unless you punched more than three holes for your binding.
- String one ribbon through each set of holes and tie in a knot to secure.