Did you know that you can melt craft beads to create beautiful art and various accessories? You can with this outdoor activity. Artists of all ages will enjoy experimenting with design and color combinations to create unique accents for accessories and other projects. This project is quick and easy but should be done outside. It is perfect to create, put in the toaster oven, set the timer and go enjoy some family playtime. Adult supervision is also highly recommended for use to the toaster oven. You will be amazed at what beautiful accents that you can create inexpensively and tailored to your taste.
- Toaster Oven
- Pony Beads
- Parchment Paper
- Small Cookie Sheet
- Paper Clips, Hair Clips, earring posts etc. depending on what you would like to create.
- Hot Glue Gun
How to Make Them
- Plug your toaster in outside and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Lay your parchment paper flat onto the cookie sheet. You might want to cut it to size or else the beads will roll.
- Arrange your beads into shapes like flowers or individually or a couple in a row for earrings.
- If you would like to simply make a larger decorative piece, you may use your creativity to do so.
- Bake them and set the time for 10 minutes until they have melted.
- Take them out and set aside to cool.
- When they are cool, use a glue gun to adhere your creations to hair clips or paperclips for bookmarks, or earring posts.