Create your own Magic Aqua Sand that stays dry when submersed in the water. You can squirt this sandy concoction out of the spout of a squeezable plastic bottle and build with it under the water. The Magic Aqua Sand is so much fun to work with and since the sand stays dry in the water, it can be easily separated and stored for future artistic use.
- Play Sand
- Wax Paper
- Scotch Guard Fabric Protector
- Clear glass Bowl
- A squeeze bottle
How to Make and Play
- Set a sheet of wax paper down in a well ventilated
- Pour small mounds of sand onto a sheet of wax paper.
- Spray the mounds of sand with fabric protector ( we used Scotch Guard).
- Move the sand around in the mounds and mix to coat the sand completely. Spray a little bit extra if needed.
- When the sand is thoroughly coated, spread it out on the wax paper and set it aside to dry for 1-2 hours.
- When the sand is completely dry, place a funnel on top of the open squeeze bottle and Pour the sand into the funnel which pours into the bottle. Place the cap on the bottle and snip off the end of the tip of the bottle if necessary. There should be a small hole that is big enough for the sand to come out of when squeezed.
- Fill a large clear glass bowl with water.
- Turn the squeeze bottle upside down and submerge in the water. Start at the bottom of the bowl of water and start squeezing the sand out, building as you go all underwater.
- To clean up, lay paper towels over a strainer and pour the entire contents of the bowl into the strainer. The water will pour through the strainer and the sand will remain dry and remain on the paper towel.
- Allow the paper towel to dry and simply pour the sand back into the container for next time.