If your children need a special place to perform their puppet shows, then this user friendly activity is for you. This craft makes easy work of assembling a puppet theater and offers limitless design possibilities. Depending on how ornate you get with your decorating, it might be hard for others to even determine that your puppet theater is made of a trifold display board. So, decorate as simply or as elaborately as you would like. Either way, your stage will be set for hours and hours of pretend play fun and your puppet theater can get easily folded up and conveniently stored away when playtime is done.
Materials You Will Need
- Trifold display board
- Velcro Tape
- Dishtowels or fabric for curtains
- Any type of decorations that you desire
- Boxcutter ( for adult use)
How It Is Made
- Cut a rectangular opening 2/3 of the way up the center panel of the display board to make your window.
- Use two dishtowels or cut two matching fabric pieces to hand towel size.
- Place velcro strip on the inside of the folded in part of the display board above the length of the window.
- Decorate the board: You can use painter's tape to paint stripes on the puppet theater, let the kids decorate it, Use Felt and buttons to create flowers, chalkboard paint to create a sign, ribbon or rick rack to outline the window frame. The possibilities are endless.
- Adhere the other matching strip of the velcro to the top of the fabric or towels.. You will likely have to sew the velcro to the towel to ensure longevity.