Your little artists of all ages will absolutely love creating soap sculptures with this easy at home project. This craft can be made from everyday items that you probably already have at home. The sculpting possibilities are endless so get those create minds and busy hands to work creating these scrubbingly fun works of art. Getting your children excited about washing their hands and practicing good hygiene is simply an added bonus. Another fun tip is to hide a small toy inside of the soap sculptures, so be uncovered when the soap is washed away over time.
- Soap Flakes
- Food Coloring
- Wax Paper
- Cookie cutters or play-doh carving tools if desired
How It Is Done
- Grate a Bar of soap into a bowl to make your soap flakes or buy soap flakes at the store.
- Stir in the water a little bit at a time until the soap takes on a dough like consistency.
- As an added feature you may like to add a few drops of food coloring to the mixture to create a colored soap sculptures.
- Cover your table or work area with wax paper and tape down.
- Place the soap dough mixture onto the wax paper. Start sculpting your masterpiece. You may use your hands only, your cookie cutters to make cool shapes or your carving tools to add more detail.
- When you are finished, the soap must set overnight to dry.
- When the sculptures are dry, they can be used to keep hands clean at the washing stations in your home.