Create unique and colorful paper flowers out of cone shaped coffee filters, food coloring, and pipe cleaners. This is a fun and easy activity that all ages can take part in. Make an individual flower or several to form a beautiful bouquet of vibrant splendor. Use the homemade paper flowers as gifts, display in a vase or use to decorate wrapped gift packages.
- 4 white cone shaped coffee filters
- Food coloring in a variety of colors
- A few small cups of water
- Long Green pipe cleaner
- Paper Towels
How to Make Them
- Drop 10 droplets of food coloring into each cup of water ( about 1/4 cup of water per cup).
- Stir the mixtures until the color is evenly distributed.
- Fold each of the coffee filters over two times so that each filter has four equal segments.
- Carefully dip each edge and tip of each filter into a different cup of colored water.
- Unfold the conical coffee filters and lay them out of a paper towel to dry completely.
- Insert each of the coffee filters inside of one another.
- Pinch the bottom tip of the filter bunch together.
- Wrap 1/3 of the green pipe cleaner around the base of the filter that you just cinched working your way down to the point.
- Keep the rest of the pipe cleaner straight and facing straight down for the stem.
- Repeat these steps with additional filter sets to create a vibrant coffee filter paper flower bouquet.