When I first stumbled on this crockpot lasagna recipe , I was naturally very skeptical. How could a lasagna cook properly in a crock pot?
Well, it does and it's delicious!
This is the easiest recipe for busy moms, perfect for a large crowd and super easy to transport to a pot luck.
What you need
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. of sweet Italian sausage (alternative to the beef)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1 large jar (1 lb. 10 ounce jar) of spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) no-boil lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb. ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan/Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make it
- Sauté garlic and onion in a little oil in a frying pan.
- Brown (or sausage) the beef and drain off any grease.
- Add the spaghetti sauce into the browned meat mixture. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, milk, and egg.
- Beat until thoroughly mixed and smooth. Then mix in the mozzarella cheese and the grated cheese.
- Grease the slow cooker with some vegetable spray on the bottom and sides.
- Put about 1/4 of the meat and sauce mixture in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Put a layer of noodles on top of that (break or cut them if needed).
- Put about 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top of that.
- Then repeat with sauce, noodles, cheese for another 2 layers.
- Top with meat sauce.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until noodles are tender.