Making Cupcake Wrapper Flowers is an easy little craft for little hands to enjoy. With very little adult instruction required, young artists will be able to make a whole bouquet of these little masterpieces. You can display them in a vase, give them as a gift, or use them to decorate gift wrapped packages. Experiment with different brightly colored wrappers and you can even outline the outer edge of lighter colored wrappers with marker for a more contrasting and dramatic effect.
Materials Needed Per Flower
- 7 cupcake wrappers
- a hole punch
- 1 pipe cleaner ( you may want to elect for green as this will be your flower stem)
How to Make Them
- Place all 7 wrappers in one stack and flatten them out gently.
- Use your trusty hole puncher to punch two holes side by side in the center of the cupcake wrappers. Be sure that the punch goes through all of the wrappers.
- Thread the pipe cleaner from the bottom, up through one one hole and down through the other.
- Keeping one side long, secure the short side to the long side and twist the pipe cleaner. This will be your stem.
- Now pinch and bunch up each layer by scrunching the middle layers first and working your way to the outer layers.