The Curious George Store in Cambridge's Harvard Square proudly proclaims that it is "the world's only brick and mortar Curious George Store". If your kid is a fan of the cheeky little monkey then a visit here is a no-brainer. They have Curious George memorabilia of just about every kind from games and puzzles and stuffed animals and toys to clothing, home decor and the books, of course. This is a fun, interactive store that is aimed most definitely at children.
Things to Do
- Come to the store and browse through their extensive stock. The owners of the store, Adam Hirsch and his wife Jamie aim to make just about everything Curious George related available to the store's patrons, be they young or old in a well laid out and easy to navigate space. If you want recommendations on books or toys ask the staff.
Curious George Store Insider Tips
- The store is well serviced by public transport. You can take the T to the Harvard Square Red Line Stop and walk from there. Alternatively any of the following buses pass close to the store: 1, 66, 68, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 77, 78, 83, 86 and 96.
- If you would prefer to drive then there is metered parking in Harvard Square or in Cambridge Common Monday to Saturday 8 am - 8 pm. This parking is free on Sundays and holidays. Be warned that spaces can be sparse at any time of the week.
- Full listings of the store's stock can be seen on their website. They offer free standard shopping for products bought online.
- You can print Curious George activities and coloring pages online to keep your kids occupied.