Dakin Dairy Farms is a family-owned farm located in Myakka City, which is about an hour's drive from Tampa, Florida. In addition to having a market and a cafe that are open year-round, they offer educational farm tours for families that teach visitors all about dairy farming, from the diet of the cows to the pasteurization process, as well as how to make butter. Tours also include hayrides, pig races, and the opportunity to bottle feed a calf.
Things to Do
- Take a tour of the farm! You'll learn all about the fascinating process that allows milk to make its way from cows to our refrigerators.
- Visit between October and December to explore the 6-acre corn maze, complete with three different games you can play as you weave your way through the fields.
- Watch your child play in the 5-acre play area, which contains a tire swing, a fossil dig attraction, a sand mountain, swings, and slides.
- Don't forget to stop by the Animal Barn and the Hen House to feed the goats and watch the pigs race!
Dakin Dairy Farms Insider Tips
- On a nice day, enjoy a relaxing country picnic under the oak trees with delicious food from the cafe's menu.
- View their calendar to learn about upcoming events such as the annual dairy day festival and special seasonal events.
- Have your child's next birthday at the farm - party packages include a hayride, a cow train ride, fun in the play area, and plenty of educational farm activities related to milk production.