Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden is a year-round indoor butterfly garden in Rochester, New York. This popular nature attraction is located within the the National Museum of Play,which is part of The Strong educational institution. Its beautiful rain forest habitat is home to nearly 1,000 butterflies that flit and flutter through the air around awe-struck visitors. If you're planning to visit the National Museum of Play, it's well worth the few extra dollars for this memorable experience.
Things to Do
- Explore the butterfly garden! If you're lucky, one of the many tropical and native butterflies might even land on you.
- Walk along the paved path and look for the other creatures that inhabit the garden, including turtles and birds like Socrates, the green aracari toucan!
- Visit the chrysalis case, where you can see butterflies emerge after their fascinating
- Take photos of all of the beautiful butterflies, the waterfall, and the turtle pond.
Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden Insider Tips
- Timed tickets are required in order to visit the butterfly garden, so if you want to ensure you'll be able to visit the attraction, consider purchasing your tickets in advance. More information can be found here.
- Be aware that you can't visit the butterfly garden without paying museum admission, so it's best to come when you're interested in spending time at the National Museum of Play too.
- If you're generally busy during the daytime, you can visit on Friday and Saturday evenings, when the final timed entry is at 6:40 p.m., two hours later than usual.
- Explore the rest of the fun-filled exhibits at the National Museum of Play, which focus on everything from toys and coral reefs to video games.