Danforth Art is an art museum and school located in Framingham, Massachusetts, which is just 20 miles west of Boston. Its permanent collection features over 3,500 pieces of artwork with a special focus on American art from the 18th century to the present, as well as temporary contemporary art exhibitions. The museum also offers a wide range of family-friendly activities, including hands-on workshops, special tours, and artist lectures. Best of all, admission is free for children under 17!
Things to Do
- Explore the museum's current exhibitions - you can learn more about the artwork on display here.
- Head up to the second floor to see the School Gallery, which showcases artwork by students and instructors at Danforth Art as well as local artists and children.
- Create beautiful artwork with your child by attending one of the museum's Studio Art Workshops for Families, which are offered throughout the year.
Danforth Art Insider Tips
- Attend Drop Into Art, a free program for families held on the first Sunday of the month from October through May, which includes kid-friendly gallery tours and hands-on art activities.
- Check out their calendar to learn about upcoming tours, workshops, family days, gallery talks, and other events you can attend with your family.
- The museum provides free admission to members of various organizations and nearby museums, so be sure to check their information page to see if you can visit for free.