There is plenty of wonderful plant life and nature to take in at Belmont's Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden. The Garden hopes to inspire and love and respect for nature in all who visit. To this end they organize educational programs for the public which teach people about North Carolina's very own agricultural and horticultural heritage. They provide a marvelous green space for everyone to enjoy.
Things to Do
- The Botanical Garden organizes many different events which are covered by the cost of admission. If you are dying to get out into nature but want a bit more information on your surroundings you can go on one of their Horticulture Highlight Walks or a Birding Walk. These will be led by one of their horticultural staff or else by a Garden volunteer.
- Another great learning opportunity can be enjoyed at their First Tuesday talk's series while amateur photographers can enter into the Garden's Shutterbug Photo Contest.
- Week long summer camps are organized at the center in June and July for children between the ages of 5 and 11. The Garden Adventure Camp gives children the chance to explore and learn about nature. They garden and play games while also indulging in arts and crafts inspired by their surroundings.
Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden Insider Tips
- Picnics and coolers are welcome anywhere within the gardens. There are picnic tables and benches at different parts of the garden where you can sit and have lunch. Grills are not allowed.
- The Garden is an events venue and makes a beautiful place to hold a wedding ceremony, an adult birthday party or an anniversary celebration.
- Children under four and members of the Garden do not have to pay admission to enter.