Housed in two buildings this quaint Science Center in Danville, Virginia is certain to stimulate the senses of young children with its hands on learning environment. Explore the fascinating world of Science as you meander through the permanent exhibits and enjoy the special travelling exhibits that the museum has to offer.
Things to Do
- Enjoy the sensational views in the Digital Dome 3D Theater which features a variety of several educational movies that will amaze you on the 40 foot big screen.
- Butterfly Station and Butterfly Garden
- Science on a Sphere is hangs suspended from the ceiling and projects Hubbell telescope images that will amaze you about the Earth's Terrain and more.
- The Natural History Collection will teach young children about three diverse topics of life on Earth.
- Fundamentals of Science offers hands on exhibits that explore electricity, biology, magnetism, physics and all aspects of Science. Participate in a Centerwide scavenger hunt.
- The Oh! Zone provides a small scale town for pretend play and a puppet theater. Explore with blocks and magnetic shapes in an area geared for 3-7 year olds.
Danville Science Center Insider Tips
- Don't miss the Butterfly Garden located behind the train station. It is best to visit this area in season and it is absolutely spectacular.
- Plan to spend only an hour or two at this rather small Science Center.
- There is a train station and stuffed animal museum next door to the Science Center that is worth checking out.
- This museum participates in the reciprocal museum program so check out other participants that may interest you. It may be worth it to purchase a membership.