Darien Lake is a great weekend destination for the entire family especially those coming from New York or Ontario. The amusement park is easily accessible and is reachable within a few hours drive. Most families opt to stay overnight to enjoy both the amusement park and the water park. Choose from a variety of lodging options - from hotels, guesthouses, cabins, and campsites.
Things to Do
- Plan your visit. Make sure to get in early so your family will have the entire day to experience the rides. Be adventurous and line up for the rolling coasters, sling shot, and twister rides. Kids will have a fun day with all the child-friendly rides such as the mini ferris wheel, railway, and kiddie bump cars.
- Bring your swimwear and spend another day at the water park at Splash Town. Experience the different water slides such as the 700-ft long Big Kahuna and the quad-slide complex at Swirl City. You may also relax at the lazy river or body surf at the wave pool.
- Check out the park's event calendar for schedules of concerts, dive in movies, and Ignite The Night, a laser light show.
Darien Lake Amusement Park Insider Tips
- Best to bring your own snacks since food can be a little bit pricey.
- Check out the park's vacation packages inclusive of accommodations, park admission, and free parking.