Let your kids spend a day at a 12-acre family farm complete with animals, vegetable and flower gardens, a fishing pond, pony and wagon rides, and a country schoolhouse. Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead offers a great farm-like experience for the entire family.
Things to Do
- Visit the Dairy Barn and milk a cow named Rosie, a life-size interactive cow model. Attend the actual calf feeding scheduled twice a day. For an additional fee, guests can get a bottle of milk to feed the goats.
- Go for a pony or a wagon ride. Kids' safety is ensured as the ponies are led by attendants. Relive the times when Kansas locals moved around in a wagon. The wagon will be driven for 10-15 minutes through the woods. Check their website for the schedule of wagon rides.
- Find 'gold' at the Mining Camp. Guests are given a bag of 'rough' which they can sift through to find gems. The family can also go to Grandpa Bob's catch and release fish pond to cast cane poles. Catch sunfish, bluegill, and catfish.
- A farm experience would not be complete without a trip to the gardens. See a wide variety of trees, flowers, and vegetables at the Master's Garden and Kiwanis Repose Garden. There's a Butterfly Garden too!
Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead Insider Tips
- Admission is free from Monday-Thursday and $2 from Friday onwards.
- Attractions are charged separately. To get the most out of your experience, get the Combo Pack for $10. This already includes mining, one wagon ride, one pony ride, one bottled milk for feeding the goats, and fishing.