Degrazia gallery in the Sun is an art exhibit and museum near Catalina mountain foothills in Tucson, AZ dedicated to South Western artist Ted Degrazia. Enjoy a short video in the beginning about the artist's chronicles and explore the gallery featuring stunning art pieces. The art and architecture revolves around paintings and sculptures of indigenous children and ceremonies. The art exhibits display paintings, sculptures, sketches, ceramics and jewelry. The art gallery and gift shop are open to the public everyday until 4 PM.
Things to Do
- Make a visit to one of a kind art gallery featuring indigenous people's paintings and art and crafts in the Catalina mountains.
- The museum features permanent as well as rotating exhibits. There are water and oil paintings, sketches, sculptures and more.
- The "little gallery" showcases lesser known and new artists. Tours are offered throughout the week.
- You can take a guided tour that lasts about 90 minutes, starts with a short documentary about the artist. Public tours are available Monday through Friday.
- The gift shop sells original artifacts by the artist as well as replicas.
Degrazia gallery in the Sun Insider Tips
- Free parking is available.
- Wear good walking shoes to explore the grounds outdoor.