The Delaware Children's Museum is a popular attraction in Wilmington, Delaware which features a wide variety of interactive exhibits for visitors of all ages. As you explore the museum you can learn about the human body, the environment, engineering, transportation, money and other topics while enjoying all kinds of creative activities. The museum is also a great place to hold a memorable birthday party, and regularly hosts family programs such as "Try Science", which includes hands-on science experiments and information on scientific careers.
Things to Do
- Explore the Stratosphere, a huge climbing structure overlooking the lobby.
- Learn all about how the human body works by visiting The Power of Me, which contains all kinds of hands-on experiments.
- Visit ECOnnect, an environment-themed exhibit that includes a touch tank aquarium, an interactive stream table, and teaches children about wind power and sustainable energy.
- Take your little one to the Training Wheels exhibit, where they can play with a toddler-sized train and other transportation displays.
Delaware Children's Museum Insider Tips
- Attend one of their monthly "Try Science" workshops, which are designed to introduce families to science careers through experiments, live animal displays, and other fun activities.
- Have your child's next birthday party at the museum - their party packages include museum admission, the use of a party room, and hands-on activities like creating lava lamps or making slime.
- If your family loves miniature golf, you can purchase a combo ticket for the museum and the nearby Riverwalk Mini Golf attraction which will save you money on both attractions.