Delta park in Portland, OR is a nice family park, it has sports fields, picnic areas and open play spaces for children. The park has a total area of 87 acres, it has sports fields, volleyball courts, playground, a fenced dog area and more. The park was established in 1950, the park has many amenities for adults and children to enjoy a day out. The park has Owens sports complex that was built and named after William V. Owens, who was a Delta park superintendent. The park is open everyday until 10PM.
Things to Do
- Families visit the park for walking, running, bicycling and picnicking. There are paved paths in the park for running and walking.
- The park has many professional sports fields for practicing; it has football and soccer fields, volley ball courts and soft ball fields.
- There is a playground for children with slides and swings. There are picnic tables for enjoying snacks or a meal.
- A separate fenced area for the dogs, where dogs can play without a leash.
- The Owens sports complex features soccer fields with artificial turf, softball fields and a concession area.
Delta Park Insider Tips
- Plenty of parking is available near the park.