The Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls and Toys is a one-of-a-kind attraction located in a historic cottage in Denver, Colorado. It contains a variety of fascinating exhibits that include miniatures of all kinds, antique dolls, and historic toys which are used to teach visitors about art, history, and culture. In addition, it offers family workshops, board game nights, community days, and other unique events throughout the year. Visitors can also enjoy afternoon tea in their beautiful tea room, complete with scones and tea sandwiches.
Things to Do
- Explore the museum's exhibits, which include miniature trains, Japanese dolls, fully furnished miniature homes, giant teddy bears, and more!
- Attend fun museum events such as Board Game Nights and Family Workshops.
- Participate in one of their craft workshops, where you can make robots, castles, miniature rooms, Japanese fish kites, or fairies.
Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls and Toys Insider Tips
- If you've always wanted to experience afternoon tea like the British do, visit the Oak and Berries Tea Room for a traditional English tea! It's by reservation only, so make sure to call ahead if you're interested.
- Visit the museum between 1:00 and 4:00 p.m. on the first Sunday of the month for their Community Day event, when admission is free.
- Consider having your child's next birthday party at the museum - their craft-themed parties include a museum scavenger hunt, goodie bags, and hands-on activities where children can make their own cornhusk dolls, finger puppets, and more.