Des Moines Art Center is an Art museum that was founded in 1948 in Des Moines, Iowa. The art museum features many Art galleries, it features rotating exhibits and traveling shows, and other events. The museum collection consists of paintings, sculptures, modern art, photographs, videos and more. A rose garden and outdoor sculptures are installed in the museum grounds. The art museum offers Art classes and workshops for both children and adults. The museum offers free admission and is closed on Mondays.
Things to Do
- The Art museum offers guided tours of its extensive art collection and galleries, self-guided tours of the museum must be reserved.
- The museum offers many activities for the families, children can make art projects in the family workshops with their parents.
- Family fun station in the Art museum's lobby has fun games, books and creative activities for the families.
- The sculpture park outdoors is a wonderful place to see and explore, see unique sculptures made by 22 artists from around the world.
- Visit the museum restaurant and enjoy salads, soups, sandwiches, and desserts.
- Families can have picnic in the museum grounds.
- Visit the art museum's gift shop for unique gifts, jewelry, home decor, and art making tools.
Des Moines Art Center Insider Tips
- Free audio tours are available.
- You cannot bring food inside the museum.