Diamond Jack's River Tours is a company that provides sightseeing tours in the Detroit area. Climb aboard the Diamond Jack and you'll be treated to a 2-hour cruise down the Detroit River that forms part of the border between the United States and Canada.
Whether you're new to the area or have lived in Detroit your entire life, you're sure to enjoy the fun, informative sightseeing tours offered by Diamond Jack's River Tours. Choose between two tours - either explore downtown Detroit or Canada's fascinating Bob-Lo Island.
Things to Do
- Take the Wyandotte-Detroit Tour down the Detroit River to see and learn about the history of downtown Detroit. Highlights include the Ambassador Bridge, Historic Fort Wayne, and the Fighting, Mud, and Grassy Islands located in the middle of the river.
- If you're already familiar with downtown Detroit, try the Wyandotte-Boblo Tour instead! This tour will take you down to Bob-Lo Island, a Canadian island that once held a famous amusement park and is now known for its spectacular waterfront mansions.
- Explore the boat! The Diamond Jack, built in 1955, was originally known as the Emerald Isle and was used as a ferry by various companies in the region.
Diamond Jack's River Tours Insider Tips
- Visit their website to learn about special deals, including printable coupons for discounted fares.
- Don't bring along any food - outside food is not allowed on the boats. However, the Diamond Jack does have a snack bar that provides drinks and snacks.
- If you want to sit in a specific part of the boat, arrive early - boarding begins 15 minutes before departure, but the line usually starts to form 30 minutes before departure.