Discovery Cove is a theme park in Orlando, Florida that allows allows visitors to have unique experiences with animals, such as swimming with dolphins, interacting with tropical fish, and feeding birds in a free-flight aviary. Owned by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, the park is designed as an inclusive day resort where families can explore, play, and eat to their hearts' content.
While a day-long visit to Discovery Cove may be expensive compared to other area attractions, it will certainly provide your family with memories that will last a lifetime. The Day Resort package includes a dolphin swim, snorkeling with rays, encounters with otters, feeding exotic birds, a lazy river, and more!
Things to Do
- If your child is over the age of 6, take advantage of the 30-minute dolphin swim that is included in the admission price! Trained guides will teach you hand signals that can be used to communicate with the dolphins before you get to go on a one-on-one swim with them.
- Explore the Freshwater Oasis, where you can relax in the water and wade through trails that are home to cute otters and marmosets.
- Visit The Grand Reef with your snorkeling gear to get an up-close view of fascinating rays and thousands of beautiful tropical fish.
Discovery Cove Insider Tips
- To get the most for your money, visit SeaWorld and Aquatica, their Orlando waterpark, too! Both parks are included in the admission price for Discovery Cove for 14 consecutive days around your reservation date.
- Don't worry if your child isn't a great swimmer - Discovery Cove doesn't require amazing swimming skills. They provide life jackets for visitors of all ages that can be worn no matter what you're doing, whether it's snorkeling with fish or meeting the dolphins.
- The only thing you need to bring along is a book if you want to relax on the beach and a camera to capture all the fun you'll have - they provide other swimming essentials like sunscreen, towels, and masks.