California's Discovery Science Center has two locations, the original Center in Santa Ana and Discovery Cube Los Angeles which has been in operation since November 2014. They host many hands on interactive exhibits which are aimed at all ages from children to adults making both centers entertaining and educational destinations for the family. The Center particularly aims to spark children's natural curiosity and hopes to instill a love of science in all of their young visitors.
Things to Do
- Sports fans will enjoy the Center's permanent Science of Hockey exhibition. Learn about how the principals of physics and biology apply and are put to use in the game of hockey. With the various displays you can play at being a goalie or a shooter while you can put your skating skills to the test too. This exhibit will be particularly fun for Anaheim Ducks fans as it has been designed in conjunction with the team.
- Set out on a research mission at Dino Quest. As part of this exhibit children will receive a research transmitter with which they will have to complete their mission as research assistants!
- Do you have an interest in rockets or space flight? If you do you should check out the Center's Rocket Lab where you can experience first-hand what it is like to see a Boeing Rocket RS-68 blast off.
Discovery Science Center Insider Tips
- If you have a teenager with an active interest in science you should suggest to them to volunteer at the Center.
- The Center provides resources for teachers which include the Teachers Education Network which provides programs, lesson plans and more.