The Discovery Museum and Planetarium is a popular family attraction in Bridgeport, Connecticut. It features hands-on science exhibits that are both fun and educational for visitors of all ages which focus on topics that include sound, energy, light, and space. The museum is also the home of the Henry B. duPont III Planetarium, which showcases daily planetarium shows that will introduce you to the planets, stars, and galaxy.
Things to Do
- Visit MoonBase Discovery, a special exhibit where children can sit in a lunar rover, learn about growing food in a hydroponic garden, and play fun science-themed video games.
- Explore the Space Galleries, where you can drive a remote-controlled rover across Mars, touch a real meteorite, and learn about the Hubble Space Telescope.
- Take your little one to Preschool Power, a hands-on exhibit where children from 0 to 3 can play in soft structures while using their imagination.
Discovery Museum and Planetarium Insider Tips
- Don't miss your chance to enjoy an educational planetarium show - topics include the Sun, the Moon, and distant stars and galaxies.
- If your child loves science, consider having their next birthday party at the museum! Their party packages include hands-on activities and fun party themes for children of all ages.
- Those who prefer to use public transportation can reach the museum by using Greater Bridgeport Transit Authority bus route #4, which stops across the street.