Sacramento's Discovery Museum Science & Space Center's main attraction is the Challenger Learning Center. The Center treats visitors to an interactive experience as they go through a simulation of a real NASA mission. In both Mission Control and on board the Spacecraft you will be challenged to run experiments and handle emergencies to ensure the successful completion of the mission. But it is not only that which the Museum has to offer. With a Planetarium and a variety of other exhibits covering a range of scientific topics there is plenty to learn from a visit here.
Things to Do
- Many of us have thought about what it must be like to be an astronaut. Now at the Space Center you can get closer than ever to that daydream at their Space Quest exhibit. You can try on astronaut helmets and uniforms and learn all about NASA's current missions to other planets.
- You can learn more about space at the Museum's Planetarium. At their regular shows you can learn all about Sacramento's night sky while special programs can be organised for school groups.
- Don't miss Discovery Weekends at the museum. Every Saturday and Sunday from 12:30 to 4:00 visitors are led through fun activities based around a different scientific topic. So you can learn about Mars and astronauts while enjoying planetarium shows and engineering classes. The staff keep things fresh with enjoyable topics and new activities every week.
Discovery Museum Science & Space Center Insider Tips
- Children aged three and younger are granted admission for free.
- The Museum and Space Center are closed on Mondays.