Discovery Park of America is an educational museum and park located in Union City, Tennessee. It is designed to teach both children and adults about fascinating topics related to science, history, art, nature, and technology through numerous indoor and outdoor exhibits. The heart of the attraction is the Discovery Center, a huge building with ten galleries that feature an earthquake simulation, a massive aquarium, and tons of hands-on activities for children. If you're looking for a place where the whole family can spend the day learning and having fun together, it's a must-visit attraction.
Things to Do
- Check out the children's exploration gallery, which has dozens of hands-on activity stations. One of its most popular features is a giant sculpture of a human whose leg children can slide down!
- Visit the science, space and technology gallery to travel through the universe and steer a spaceship in their interactive theater experience.
- Explore the natural history gallery, which features huge dinosaur skeletons and captivating recreations of underwater worlds.
- Head outdoors to see exhibits like Freedom Square, which contains a life-size replica of the Liberty Bell and replicas of important documents like the Declaration of Independence.
Discovery Park of America Insider Tips
- View their calendar to learn about upcoming events, classes, demonstrations, and concerts that your family can attend.
- No outside food and drinks are allowed, but there is a cafe that provides all kinds of dining options.
- Don't miss the depot, a replica of a 19th century train station where you'll find all kinds of antique train cars.