Discovery Park is located in a 302-acre area where the American and Sacramento River meets. The park is a popular stop for bikers on the American River Bike Trail. Park amenities include an athletic field, boat launch, archery range, and picnic spots. The park is open from sunrise to sunset all-year round.
Things to Do
- If you have a boat and you wish to cruise on the American or Sacramento River, Discover Park offers one of the best boat launches and boat trailer parking. Use of boating facilities are subject to minimal fees. Visit the park's page for more information. You can also bring in a kayak or launch your anglers from the riverside and go fishing.
- Take the family for a picnic. There are lots of picnic spots with barbecue pits by the river. Call ahead to reserve if you wish to celebrate your next party here.
- Kids can run around the grassy area or play softball or baseball on the athletic field. You can also bring your dog for a walk and play fetch.
- Check out the archery area. The targets are good for beginners and experienced archers.
- Bring your bike for a ride on the American River Bike Trail or on the trail which goes through Discovery Park.
Discovery Park Insider Tips
- The park could get crowded on weekend afternoons. The best time to go is during the morning. Most reviews do not recommend going in at night for safety reasons.
- Park admission is free but you have to pay for the parking.