Discovery Place KIDS is a spin-off of Charlotte's Discovery Place Science Museum. This children's science museum has two locations both of which are in North Carolina, one in Huntersville and the other in Rockingham. Together they aim to give children the best opportunities possible to indulge their imagination and grow a love for science through fun games and interactive exhibits.
Things to Do
- Inside both Museums the activities and exhibits are split into different theme areas. Rockingham's I Can Be Anything area lets kids try out different jobs like being a fireman, a cook, a mechanic and more. The I Can Be Healthy area teaches children about how to live a healthy lifestyle through hands-on exhibits including an anatomically correct ten foot heart.
- Since the Huntersville facility is somewhat bigger it offers more theme areas for children to enjoy. Amongst the various activity spaces on offer is the 'I Can Create' area where children can sculpt, draw, paint and play music.
- 'I Can Grow' is for kids from birth to 36 months. The area is set up as a play park complete with a playhouse, a flower garden, a pond and a water table.
- Both locations run different programs and events. You can bring your kids along to either one for puppet shows, science shows, story time, dance classes, art classes and more.
Discovery Place Kids Insider Tips
- Both locations are closed on Mondays.
- You can check out maps for both the Huntersville and Rockingham facilities online.
- The cost of admission is the same for all ages from 1 to 101. Only children under a year old can get in for free. Military also receive a small discount.