Discovery Place is an immersive, interactive science museum experience located in Charlotte, North Carolina. The museum aims to bring science and the wonders of the natural world to life through amazing exhibits, educational programs and an IMAX Theatre. Much of what is on offer is aimed at children however there is plenty here for people of all ages to enjoy.
Things to Do
- Discovery Place is home to the Charlotte Observer IMAX Dome which places a state of the art IMAX screen in a dome theatre to provide full on experience. This is the largest cinema screen in the Carolinas and shows movies relating to science, history and nature.
- If that's not enough you can enjoy more educational and entertaining films at Discovery Place's 3-D Theatre. You'll be glad to know that movies in the 3-D theatre are covered by the cost of admission.
- KidScience is an exhibit specifically designed to young ones between the ages of 0-7. This exhibit is split into six main areas which challenge children's developing mathematical and scientific abilities. There is even a toddler area for tots from birth to 36 months.
- The Museum offers classes for filled trip groups from pre-Kindergarten up to Grade 8. These classes are designed to conform to the North Carolina Standard Course of Study and the National Science Standards and prices are usually around $12 per student.
- The Museum also facilitates classes for home-schooled children split into three different age groups. Alternatively you can pay to have the Museum brought to your classroom with their ScienceReach classes.
Discovery Place Insider Tips