Disney's Hollywood Studios is one of four Disney theme parks in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. It is easily accessible by the Interstate I-4, and most hotels offer shuttles to and from the park. The theme of the park is mostly movie related - what used to be Disney-MGM Studios, the giant Fantasia hat is the icon of the park, and is your center point throughout the area.
Things to Do
- Meet the Disney Characters - they are all over the park. Check the times guide and the map to see when exactly they would be appearing. Expect queues but they are worth it if your kids get to see the princesses or the characters! Some appearances can be done by Fast Pass entry.
- Ride the Tower of Terror - completely different from the other coasters, height restrictions apply.
- Ride the Rock n Rollercoaster - where else can you ride a coaster which blasts rock music on your seat?
- Watch the shows or the parades:every evening, you've got the Fantasmic show - which is definitely worth staying until the end for! There's the Indiana Jones show, the Extreme Stunt Show, Beauty & the Beast, even a Frozen Singalong. Hollywood Studios has several other parades or shows that only appear for the season, like the Osbourne Spectacle of Lights for Christmas.
Disney's Hollywood Studios Insider Tips
- You can get three fast pass selections, and add one at a time once you're done with those three. The most popular rides are the Tower of Terror, Aerosmith's Rock n Rollercoaster and Toy Story Midway Mania so you can get started with those.
- Bring a small cooler to save on food expenses while inside the park. Some of the food selection is expensive cafeteria style dining, while the sit downs require reservations in advance, especially the character dining experiences.