Typhoon Lagoon is one of two Disney water parks located in Lake Buena Vista, Florida (Orlando). It is conveniently located near the Downtown Disney area, and easily accessible by Interstate I-4.
Things to Do
- Lounge around Castaway Creek - a lazy river that goes around the entire water park.
- Ride the Crush & Gusher - a water coaster where you can get a choice to go on one of three slides. If you have the time, go do all three!
- See or snorkel with the sharks and stingrays at Shark Reef. Unfortunately this is an in and out attraction - once in the water, you are expected to swim across and go out at the end. You can view the sharks and rays from a special viewing area nearby if you want to stay longer.
- Younger kids can play around at Ketchakiddee Creek, featuring slides and water features that can splash everywhere. There are also zero-depth entry pools that you can take the younger ones to.
- Play around in the wave pool - which create six foot high waves!
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Insider Tips
- You can get an annual pass that will give you access to both Disney water parks if you are planning to visit both. Alternatively, you can also get a premium annual pass to Disney and get access to the water parks and all four Disney theme parks. If you are a Florida resident, you can get even more discounts for those passes!
- You can bring a cooler in the park, and there are special picnic areas where you can eat your lunch. Don't bring anything made out of glass though, as they are prohibited in the park!