Dixie Landin' is an amusement park directly adjacent to the very popular Blue Bayou water park in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The 80 acre property is easily reached via the I-10 interstate. Don't forget to visit the Blue Bayou waterpark while you are in the area to try some of their big water rides.
Things to Do
- Ride the various roller coasters in the park - the best ones are Splinter and Ragin Cajun (height retrictions apply)
- Take your kids out and ride the grand carousel together as a family - it's the quintessential ride that everyone can enjoy!
- Play games in the mini arcade - you may get a chance to win a prize for your kids!
- Eat ice cream while strolling around the park. Nothing beats an ice cream for hot, summer days.
Dixie Landin Insider Tips
- Bring lots of summer supplies! The park does not have much shelter at all, so bring water and sunscreen with you at all times. Also wear a hat as applicable and sunglasses. Best to bring a cooler with you filled with cold drinks and snacks/food and leave it in the car.
- To save money, you can leave a cooler in your car and have a mini picnic. Best if you manage to arrive early in the park and get a great spot near the entrance, as outside food and drink are not allowed inside the park.
- The amusement park normally opens in the afternoon and closes in the early evening (check their calendar for more information) so you can spend the morning at the Blue Bayou waterpark, have time for lunch, shower then cross over to Dixie Landin' - once you buy a ticket to one park, it is valid for the other park and can be used again as entrance the next day (validation required).