The Dixon Gallery and Gardens is a fine art museum located in Memphis, Tennessee that is surrounded by 17 acres of beautiful gardens. It features an impressive collection of over 2,000 pieces of artwork, with a special focus on Impressionist paintings by French and American artists as well as numerous pieces of German and English porcelain. It is also know for its extensive gardens, which can be explored using a number of paths that lead through trees, wildflowers, and floral displays.
Things to Do
- Explore the art collection, which features works by famous artists such as Monet, Degas, Renoir, Matisse, Gauguin, and Rodin.
- View the Stout Collection of 18th century German porcelain, which is considered to be one of the finest porcelain collections in the United States.
- Enjoy a relaxing family walk through the gardens! They include the 2-acre Woodland Garden filled with oak trees and wildflowers and the serene Formal Gardens, which contain dozens of beautiful flower varieties.
Dixon Gallery & Gardens Insider Tips
- Check out their calendar to learn about upcoming events such as tours, family workshops, children's art classes, film screenings, and other family-friendly activities.
- Save money by visiting on Family Day, when admission is free and the gallery and gardens offers music, games, tours, crafts, and other activities.
- Take your child to Mini Masters, a special art workshop for children between the ages of 2 and 4, which is held each Tuesday.