Take in a game or a season's worth at Dodd Stadium, home to the Connecticut Tigers Minor League Baseball Team. This venue offers a great opportunity for families to enjoy the experience of seeing a great game of baseball, while giving the youngest visitors fabulous hands on experiences that memories are made of.
The park is clean, easily accessible and reasonably priced and extremely family friendly. the staff does a wonderful job of creating individual experiences for town reams, birthday parties, and their guests.
Things to Do
- Cheer the CT Tigers on during their minor league season before they make it to the big leagues.
- Get easy access to the players before the game for autographs.
- Kids can enjoy the Kidszone of bounce houses and activities.
- Enjoy interaction with the Mascots on site.
- Have a fabulous birthday event
Dodd Stadium Insider Tips
- Arrive early for warm ups, The players are available to sign autographs and are usually very willing to do so which is fascinating for the kids. Also, bring a Sharpie Marker and a hat or something to be signed. You might get a lot of autographs.
- Concessions are very reasonably priced for families.
- Feel free to walk around the park. There are various photo opportunities and activities for kids to partake in and sometimes there are displays. There is also the kidszone to keep kids occupied that you can buy a bracelet for.
- The steak and cheese sandwiches are located on the left side by the kidszone. This is a tip that I make sure that I don't pass up on.
- Kids will have fun on Sunday Funday. At the conclusion of the game all children will get a free cup of ice cream and they are allowed on the field to run the bases. This is a great way to end a birthday party if you plan it on a Sunday.