Explore nature at your own pace at the Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center, a place where the entire family can immerse in a range of activities that include bird watching, hiking on the trails, or having a nice picnic. The Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center is the outdoor enthusiast's dream.
Family activities at the Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center include winter birding workshops, summer camps, family campouts, as well as trails. The park offers a selection of electronic tools to make your experience more enjoyable. These include eBird data mapping and maps of the trails.
Things to Do
- The Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center offers a range of pre-school programs suitable for children up to 4 years old. The programs include nature-based stories in the Nature Play area and take place every Saturday morning.
- Girl and Boy Scout programs are available at the Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center. The programs are available for all levels and include hiking, geocaching, cleaning up the environment, and more.
- Book a guided hike with one of the Audubon Educators to explore the best the canyon forest has to offer.
Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center Insider Tips
- Most activities require a reservation with up to two weeks in advance
- The Adopt-An-Animal program allows you to contribute to the caring and feeding of an animal for a year
- Birthday parties can be organized at the Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center