Dollywood is a theme park partially owned by world-famous country music star Dolly Parton that is the biggest tourist attraction in Tennessee. It is located just 35 miles away from Knoxville in the city of Pigeon Forge, and features an amusement park with dozens of rides, traditional craft workshops, and a seemingly endless list of annual events and festivals. Don't miss the chance to visit this popular one-of-a-kind theme park that focuses on the history and culture of Appalachia.
Things to Do
- Take your little one to the Country Fair area to ride the Amazing Flying Elephants or the cute Lucky Ducky ride.
- Visit Craftsmans Valley, where you can watch skilled cratftsmen make beautiful creations such as hand-forged steel items, handmade glass ornaments, candles, slate tiles, hand-tooled leather apparel, and delicious sweets like fudge and candied apples.
- Ride the Tennessee Tornado, a thrilling roller coaster that features loops and a 128-foot drop through a mountain at 70 mph!
- Enjoy amazing views of the Great Smoky Mountains while doing SkyZip, an hour-long zip line attraction that includes swinging bridges.
Dollywood Insider Tips
- Visit the Dollywood website to learn about exciting events and festivals that you can attend throughout the year.
- If you plan to visit the park several days in a row or frequently throughout the year, consider purchasing a season pass to save money on admission.
- Check out the special offers page to learn about offers for discounted theme park admission and cheaper lodging at Dollywood's DreamMore Resort.