Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World in Florida is a huge shopping, dining, and entertainment complex. The complex evolved from the Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village and today provides a huge amount of things for you and your family to do away from the various parks in the resort. If you've visited Disneyland Resort, you'll be familiar with the name. If you've visited Disneyland Resort Paris, Downtown Disney in Orlando is similar to Disney Village.
Things to Do
- Pay a visit to The Empress Lilly paddle steamer riverboat. While this replica boat doesn't actually go anywhere, you'll be glad it doesn't since inside you can enjoy the food in Fulton's Crab House where the adults in your group can enjoy something from the award-winning wine selection.
- Have a walk around the lake at Downtown Disney. Even if you came for the shops and restaurants, a stroll is a nice way for you and the kids to get some exercise in the lovely Floridian weather.
- Have a few games of bowling at Splitsville. You can save some money by going for a few games during the day rather than at night or on the weekend. In fact, "early bird bowling" offers even further discounts if you get there between opening and 12:30 p.m.
- Go shopping. There are plenty of shops in Downtown Disney and there should be something for everyone.
Downtown Disney Insider Tips
- While the parking at Downtown Disney is free, it can fill up fast. If you're going at a busy time you can expect to spend a while looking around for spots.