Drake Planetarium and science center is named after Dr. Frank Drake, a popular American astronomer, known for his research on the extra terrestrial intelligence. The planetarium is focused on educating children and invoking interest for science and exploring the wonders of the Universe. The science center offers many hands-on learning activities for children, the inside facility features a 35-foot domed theater that has seating available for up to 70 people. Drake planetarium is located on the top floor of Norwood high school, in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Things to Do
- Children would love to see Astronomy shows held in the planetarium, children can recognize major planets and constellations in the space above. Children can look through the Astronomer's telescope and explore many parts of the galaxy.
- Skies over Cincinnati show features exploration of the skies of Cincinnati. Children aged 4 and above can enjoy "The secret of the cardboard rocket" that features space journey for children and their families, discover many parts of the space in this journey.
- Families can enjoy the exciting laser shows at the Drake Planetarium that are held regularly. Laser shows have interesting rock star themes, such as Pink Floyd laser show, Metallica laser show, Led Zeppelin laser show and many more.
- Lego birthday parties are offered for kids in the ages of 4-12, birthday parties are held at the Drake Science center.
- The gift shop has many interesting space and science related gift items.
Drake Planetarium Insider Tips
- Laser shows are offered every Friday and Saturday night.
- Parking in the high school parking lot is free.
- You can buy tickets online.
- The facility is ADA-compliant.