Discover some of the most adorable endangered primates by visiting the Duke Lemur Center with the entire family. The Duke Lemur Center is the largest sanctuary for lemurs in the world and is home to a very diverse collection of lemurs. By choosing to go on a tour of the center, you get the chance to get up close and personal with lemurs and learn more about their habits from the very knowledgeable staff.
By choosing to go on a tour of the center, you get the chance to get up close and personal with lemurs and learn more about their habits from the very knowledgeable staff.
Things to Do
- Book a place for your family on the Lemurs Live! tour, which is an excellent opportunity to learn more about the differences between various lemur species. The tour is suitable for ages 7 and up.
- The Walking with Lemurs Tour allows you to get as close as possible with the lemurs and is the perfect choice for those looking to get stunning photos of the lemurs.
- Painting with Lemurs is a behavioral enrichment program that allows the entire family to discover how much lemurs enjoy painting. This is abstract art at its best!
Duke Lemur Center Insider Tips
- All tours of the Duke Lemur Center are by appointment only. Self-guided visits are not allowed and all family members must be with one of the guides at all times. To schedule a tour, call the center one or two weeks in advance.
- As most of the tours at the Duke Lemur Center take place in the outdoors, it is advisable to check the weather before in order to dress accordingly.
- You can bring water on the tour, but other beverages and food are not allowed.